Roleplay Preparation "THe City"

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roleplay Preparation "THe City"

Post  Guest on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 1:35

Hello everyone and welcome to the introducing of a story RP Idea I had.

Story is in short like that

After a war in the digital world, the whole world is contaminated and to survive, every digimon which survived the attacks need to travel to one of the big cities which has a giantic protection sphere around which got build in preparation for that war. The characters arrive there and they try to get used to that society which is much different to that what they known from outside the bowl.

The age will be properply for adults because one part of the city is made for adults only.

Requirements from the players

From the far begin, there will be a strict posting order which get made out here. Everyone need to wait his turn. If someone not response (within 24 hours), the next one can post. THe person get skipped then until his turn is again. THen waiting 24 hours again until next skip.

ONLY the players which got inside the posting order are allowed to write in this RP. EVeryone else get simply ignored with his posts if he not asked me about late-joining, which I need to plot-out then. If someone can't post AND know it (Holiday's, trips or travel), he should tell that in this thread and NOT in the RP-Thread then.

Every joined poster need to post daily at least once if possible. And please take care and time to post some longer sentences because this RP will not be designed to be fast-playing like a tickle-battle or the RP from Libramon "Ahrimon's Dungeon" or how it was called.

About special powers......

I think I not tell something unknown that I not want god-modding, ultimate powered and almighty chars. If your char join this RP, you declared that you play fair. EVery CHaracter can be hurt somehow. Special powers stay please in a specified degree. As exampler: Transformations need time, excessive use of powers makle the character weak after a while. If its get told, the chains are magical-save, that means NO SPELL can break them. Stocks can't be broken from the victim sitting in it, like Pillories if not told that they are weakened somehow. It is simply impossible, whatever strength someone have if he can't apply the pressure good enough. Everything is fine but everything has limits too. Or I will use my right as storyteller and get your chars crushed by a random, everall-piercing falling rock! ^^

General Stuff about my RP-Style

I mainly try the best I can to split player-knockledge from Character knockledge. I not mind talking about my chars but every question which NOT get answered by my chars in a RP, is PLayer-knockledge. If I told you, as example, A character of mine would be a demon, then your chars CAN'T appear at the next day and point at him like "HE is a demon!" if they not found any good reason to belief he is one.

Everything what get descripted get marked with Stars ( * ) and every speak gets quotes ( " ). It is easier that way to see if someone spoke something or it got described. How you others do it I not mind.

I use foreign languages in a special way in Roleplays. If I use a language, different to the main language (english), I mark the sentences with a Language-Tag. A regulary sentence looks like that then: "Hello, I'M new here." If I want the char speak german, i write it that way "(German) Hello, how are you?". Easy isn't it?

That system works, of course, only if the other players being that fair to give their own chars fixed languages they speak amd understand. As Example, all my guilmon can speak german and english fluently because of their german human partners. But they can't understand japanese, chinese, Russian and so on. And I stay with that system, so I hope you do too.

If you don't describe something, it is like it not exist. "Gaomon sitting in a stock, wincing" not say which status the stock have, like open or closed, made out of wooden, iron and also which shape it have. So it can be 2 holes, 4 holes or anything else. If you want something looks like you want, DESCRIBE it best as possible! If you miss some stuff but told enough about it, I think everyone is fine with it. Example of a better one for Gaomon: "Gaomon sitting in a stock with two holes. His hands are tied on top of the stock by rope (to a ring). A Padlock is locked along with it." THis sentence not contain anything about the material or the condition, but that would be fine for me.

That's it, for the first.....

So, if anyone is interested, he should tell me jhere. I will wait around one week from now on, that everyone have the chance to join if he want.

Back to top Go down

Re: Roleplay Preparation "THe City"

Post  Lechensko on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 9:37

Hmmm sounds very interesting. I like RPs that are descriptive, so I am certainly interested in joining. So, I am assuming this is a "fresh start" RP where no one initially knows of each other? Sounds good.

ONLY the players which got inside the posting order are allowed to write in this RP. EVeryone else get simply ignored with his posts if he not asked me about late-joining

Don't worry, if there are any posts that are not allowed, I will delete them.

As for me, I'll be able to post every day seeing as I have a lot of spare time. If I'm going to be inactive then I will let you know.
Lechensko

Number of posts : 2239
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lxnvk on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 9:58

I'm interested. Sounds good. I'll probably active all the time, if not I'll inform you.
lxnvk

Number of posts : 4444

View user profile http://lxnvk.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 14:12

@Lechenko

THe RP mainly starts fresh, yeah. Nobody knows the other chars s far it is realistic. As Example: if Veeni join, she WILL be known if we are in the digital world because she had been a very great evil beside the digimon emperor. So some random people at least could have heard her name somehow. The same like Seraphon could be known, simply because he is a popular, helpful angel maybe.

But nothing need to be like that.

@Lxnvk

Welcome on board!

Back to top Go down

Post  lxnvk on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 14:43

Great! Very Happy
lxnvk

Back to top Go down

Post  Chameleon5 on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 17:46

I'm interested in joining up as well, since I adore long stories with thick plots.

I would just like to know ahead of time how intense this is going to be. Is there going to be a lot of fighting? A lot of advanced thinking involved? What types of characters would fit in? Not all characters need to fight, right? Also, you say no over the top abilities, but Digimon by nature have pretty fantastic attacks, even rookie ones like we play. Heck, I've been doing some info checking on Kamemon, and it can shoot missiles out of its head. You need to be really specific when you try to monitor special powers. Additionally, the transformation rule I imagine has to do with Digivolving and Degenerating, right? What do you mean "they require time?" If I remember correctly, those processes are pretty instantanious.

Regardless of all that, I'm still very interested in joining Wink I just think that a few things need to be cleared up. Oh, and it's probably important to ask about backgrounds. Do all of our characters need to have previous or current tamers? Do we need some sort of character sheet made? Are there stats or anything that we should have set up?

Wow... I guess there are still a lot of questions. Heh, sorry about that ^_^;;
Chameleon5

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2007-11-06

View user profile http://chameleonice.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 18:25

THe time age I based on rather present time. Maybe only a little forward. THe history tells will tell it, what happens and because out of that, the time-age of the techology is rather set.

With special abilities, I mean like super-strength, super-speed. Did you know SUperman? NOTHING like him. Green Latern? Only if he gets tired damn quick after moving something really big like a house.

Transform ISN'T digivolve. Transform is stuff like Agumon turns into Impmon ort so. THAT freaks me out. Digivolving isn't somwthing they got "special". Special is every ability which you gave them because they not have it as digimon. As Example, MAgicguilmon's magic is special, LIghtingguilmon and FIreguilmon's abilities too, even you can say, the Powers of FIreguilmon could be explained as a much advanced GUilmon power if you like even I call it a special power too.

THe digimon not need tamers or partners in their past. CHaracter sheets aren't needed for me. THe only things you should do, is to really write down what your chars can speak or have as abilities, that you not gave them randomly sokme more powers as they have regulary.

And if that was all, it was easy to answer ^^

Back to top Go down

Post  lxnvk on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 19:07

First: About transforming, the way chars here do it is that they have a potion and they can change form for a short time. Second: My character, Gaomon, speaks English, Slovenian, Serbian, Croatian, Wlajan (languages that i speak, well i also am learning German but i only know a few words for now, so forget about it). He's an MI6 agent but i can skip that in this RP if you want me to. He's 42 years old, but looks younger 'cause his job requires him to and 'casue of his job, he's a bit stronger, can do a lot of unusual stuff and has different kinds of devices, but like i said i can skip that out. Oh and he drives cars very well and likes driving fast. He doesn't wear his gloves except in a fight, tickling with fingers is more effective. I think that's all, but if you need to know something more from me, tell me.
lxnvk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 19:15

You can keep your char like you want, because story related, many chars maybe will need to get some restrictions. THe Languages are good to know even in my model, you not newed to be able to understand the lang personally to use it.

Transformation is ok, if it is a potion. That way, even it works instant, it is limited.

The story will work out however your char is because my story will make them fit I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post  lxnvk on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 20:06

Ok, got it.
lxnvk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat 17 Nov 2007 - 20:08

Anyway, there will be a preparation before the city get entered. And if you or anyone else really not feel like you want to join, he can still deny and vanish simply like you went to a other place in hope it is bertter then there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chameleon5 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 0:18

Well, I think I'm officially going to put Chammy in this Wink Just to see how it turns out.

I do have some more questions though... namely about the digimon themselves. Firstly, I've been thinking about whipping up a new character for this RP and maybe for the forum in general, but can we only play as rookie digimon or can we play as higher or lower levels (Champion, Ultimate, In-Training)? If not then she probably wouldn't fit into the RP story in the way that I'm thinking...

Secondly, how many characters can we play as in this RP? Will that effect posting "turn-order"? Also, how far are you going to set this up? Are you going to tell us where all of our characters are starting at?
Chameleon5

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 1:08

I not mind if anyone using higher level digimon.

I would say, around 2 or 3 are the maximum because many chars means there could be more scene changes then because if it works right, all chars we have get split from eachother in the city by society and only met randomly again.

The Post order is put on the player, not the chars but I warn you: YOu need to post, in the worst case, all chars at the same time if they are involved somewhere together. And more as 2 or 3 chars get confusing.

If you mean, how long the RP take.....I don't know because I not have a end in mind already mainly. I build up a scenario first and THEN build up a story with an end.

ANd basicly, all CHars will start the same way.....with the CHeck-In to the city which will be the very first adventure. I think, we will need some days for it first.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chameleon5 on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 1:21

Marvelous and thanks for the info Scoutter Wink
Since we can use higher level digimon, I think I'll take this opportunity to introduce my new character: A female Lekismon named Minerva. She's supposed to be pretty tough and will probably have the role of being Chammy's older protector in this RP story. We'll see how that all turns out though. I'm not sure if I'll add anything unique to her appearance besides maybe a cloak, but she looks pretty cool on her own ^_^ Here's an image for those who don't know what a Lekismon looks like:

I agree that multiple posts for one player can get confusing. There are ways to do scene jumps in the middle of posts, and there are probably some good examples of that elsewhere in the forum.

I can't think of anymore questions right now, so I'll just look forward to the RP starting up and seeing what everyone does Wink
Chameleon5

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun 18 Nov 2007 - 1:23

Nice char. We will see how the RP turns out.

Back to top Go down

Only two days more!

Post  Guest on Wed 21 Nov 2007 - 19:31

Yeah, it slowly starting to go straight to friday. Just a remember for those which not have been online until yet. PLease answer here to be included from the far begin or you need to wait until I can add you in story-line somehow (Which maybe not will be a happy RP start maybe if the story getting cruel)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lechensko on Thu 22 Nov 2007 - 18:23

Sounds interesting, I like difficult starts. Wink
Lechensko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 23 Nov 2007 - 0:19

THank you. But still, I hope until tomorrow, everyone who want to join had made a post anyhow here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Libramon on Fri 23 Nov 2007 - 16:44

I know we'd already spoken over IM about me joining, but I'll confirm my characters now. I'll be using Angelus (Tailmon) and Eriss (Gomamon)

Libramon

Number of posts : 906

View user profile http://www.seraphon.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 23 Nov 2007 - 18:58

THanks for all the answers. UNtil yet, we have 4 players. And along with the names, there will be the posting order numbers.

As short reminder: Everyone had 24 hours to answer a post until he get skipped. Any foreign poster get ignored if they not asked me for introduce them later somehow. I will be moderator and post at the beginning and between the posts if needed. Everyone can skip his turn when he think, he has absolutely no idea in describe anything (What I hope, never happens)

Lechenko (4)

lxnvk (2)

Chameleon5 (3)

Libramon (1)

For all which wonder which numbers I used: I thrown a 4-sides dice and gave everyone the number the dice told in the post post order the players had posted in this thread. And in that order, if everyone agree, will be the post order.

THat means:

• Libramon
  • lxnvk
  • Chameleon5
  • Lechenko

If everyone agree, I will start the RP-Thread now. And the first who need to answer then in 24 hours, is LIbramon. Means if tomorrow around that time isn't a answer, Lxnvk can post.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lechensko on Fri 23 Nov 2007 - 19:08

Sounds good!

Just remember that Alex and I can delete irrelevant posts for you if an 'unauthorised' post is made.
Lechensko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lxnvk on Fri 23 Nov 2007 - 19:34

Great, let's get started!
lxnvk

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinyPikachu23 on Mon 26 Nov 2007 - 1:03

Uhhhhh, I'm probably a little late, but I'd like to join, if still possible.
ShinyPikachu23

Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2007-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon 26 Nov 2007 - 1:15

You are late, yeah but not too late. You will join when the train is arriving finally, because you are from a other train. You post after the last of the current post-order, which is Lechenko

Back to top Go down

Post  Phuramon on Sat 1 Dec 2007 - 0:39

sounds cool. Can I join? I know I'm a bit late, but I'm sure you can squeeze me in somehow.
Phuramon

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-10-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top