Important!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important!

Post  lxnvk on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 21:43

Ok, today i was warned by one of the users of this forum. I don't want to discourage at posting, but when someone creates a RP thread, he should be the story teller of it! And if you want your own, RP you're able to create it and i even support you, just let everyone guide his story, or at least ask him for permission!
Thank you for being so understandable!
lxnvk

Number of posts : 4444
Registration date : 2007-10-15

View user profile http://lxnvk.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Important!

Post  Libramon on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 21:52

I second it. I too don't want to dampen creativity, and while I'm enjoying going along with the Ahrimon thread, I did have a lot of things planned for it, things which I will now no longer be able to do because the thread has been taken in a different direction.

Libramon

Number of posts : 906

View user profile http://www.seraphon.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ShinyPikachu23 on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 21:53

But shouldn't we be open to possibilities? I mean, the 4-word story on the PTA was kinda crappy, but we need to be able to roll with the punch, right?
ShinyPikachu23

Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2007-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lxnvk on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 21:56

Like i said! Ask the starter of the story and if he agrees it's ok! But sometimes someone has a story in his mind that he wants to pull off!
lxnvk

Number of posts : 4444

View user profile http://lxnvk.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lechensko on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 22:00

I apologise if I was one of the posters who led it down such a track where such story lines could not be explored. But with RPs involving more than two people things do tend to go off-track because new situations arise... the thread pretty much grows itself some legs so to speak.

For one, I thought we were going along as things went on. What kinda things did you have in mind? It's really hard to predict where these threads will go because they are based on situation upon situation.
Lechensko

Number of posts : 2239

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Libramon on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 22:14

I totally understand, but it's not the character actions that did it, it's who is controlling the 'world' and events in that particular thread. The situation didn't arise because of the actions of a character, it's the world I was storytelling about (the labyrinth) being changed from what I had in mind, when I think it could have been just left for me to pick up again when I got back on (there's plenty of other threads.)

I'll accept we've all got different ways of RPing, and I won't try to say a freeform way is better or worse than the plot driven way I've always done it.

All I'm saying is, I do enjoy writing plots for you guys to enjoy, and people shouldn't feel the need to take control when the previous storyteller logs off. It's just my RP enthusiasm dies when I want to run a story and people won't let me. If anyone has a really good idea on how to continue something I'm doing, please just talk to me!

Libramon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lechensko on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 22:18

Fair enough mate.

Next time I'll be sure to ask or suggest. As I said, I apologise if I'm one of those who made it go off tangent to what was previously intended.
Lechensko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Libramon on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 22:22

Aw, no apologies needed, it's just a difference in styles and I know no one did anything maliciously. If the minotaurs can seal the victims back into the labyrinth when they're done tickling them, I guess I can proceed with the things I have planned.

Libramon

Back to top Go down

Post  anthro_renamon on Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 23:22

Same with my RP story.
anthro_renamon

Number of posts : 771

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lechensko on Tue 23 Oct 2007 - 7:00

Yeah, there's always a way around these things - that's what is so good about RPs. Perhaps next time someone changes the environment drastically away from your intended arc, you should warn them in brackets?
Lechensko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  anthro_renamon on Tue 23 Oct 2007 - 22:37

That's a good idea!
anthro_renamon

Number of posts : 771

View user profile